As speculation continues to ramp up surrounding the launch of Apple’s fifth-generation iPhone, HowToArena today highlights a Chinese parts store which appears to have available for sale the home button of what they claim has been designed specifically for Apple’s “iPhone 5 (5th Generation)”.
This is specifically interesting in relation to a number of previous reports to surface over the last few months, claiming the home button of the iPhone 5 -could- be wider than that of the iPhone 4.
Dubbed the ‘iPhone 5 Home Button Flex Cable Ribbon Circuit Repair Part Original’, here’s what the official item description has to offer:
- High quality and original home button flex cable for iPhone 5, not include home button
– It is used to replace your broken, damaged, cracked or unusable home button flex cable
– If the home button for your iPhone 5 is working only intermittently or not at all, this repair part will solve the problem
– Each item has been tested and in good condition before shipping
– This is not an easy job for someone who has no technical skills with Disassembling or Assembling Cellphones/mobile phones, so only purchase this item if you know how to install it
– Highly recommend professional installation. We will not be held responsible for any damages to your cellphone/mobile phone that you may cause during the changing of replacement parts
– Note: The tip of iPhone 5 home button flex cable has a little difference from that of iPhone 4, see the picture shows
iPhone 5 (5th Generation)
1 x iPhone 5 Home Button Flex Cable Ribbon Circuit Repair Part Original
Today’s finding follows the leaking of a number of purported parts from the next-generation device at the end of last month, with MacPost publishing a gallery of photos for what it claimed were parts from Apple’s iPhone 5 EVT Prototype.
The claimed iPhone 5 home button repair part is now available to purchase for $6.68 USD. Apple is currently expected to announce the next-generation of the iPhone at its Fall media event, sometime in October.