Alongside this, the popular app also received a number of enhancements to its visual aesthetic with the addition of both iBooks-style page-turning animations and gestures.
Also arriving in this version is the ability to close the current article you may be reading with simple two-finger swipe gesture. This is, in turn, accompanied by Instapaper’s new ability to enter “Auto” full-screen mode. An optional setting, turning this feature on will now see Instapaper switch to full screen mode after a few seconds, without the need to do anything but sit back and enjoy your reading session.
Full changelog for this version is embedded below.
- All-new Fast Pagination mode, a complete rewrite from the old pagination code that greatly improves accuracy and page-turn speed
- Optional iBooks-style page-turning animations and gestures
- New draggable dot bar to replace the scroll bar in pagination mode
- New two-finger-swipe gesture to close an article
- Full-screen now has “Auto” mode to switch to full screen after a few seconds
- The subtle Twilight Sepia color tint can now be selected at any time
- Added sharing to Drafts and Quotebook apps
- Many bugfixes and performance improvements
Instapaper is available on the App Store for $4.99. The app supports iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, universally – weighing in at 11.3MB.