Launched just last week, Apple’s ‘FREE App Of The Week’ promotion is designed to offer those who spend their hard-earned cash on the store all year round, the ability to snag themselves one FREE app for iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, each and every week.
Arriving alongside the store’s recently-launched ‘Editors’ Choice’ section, the two sections together aim to provide users with a one-stop shop to the most-notable and best offerings available on the iTunes App Store.
That’s why this week we’re announcing a new weekly segment. Taking a slot on our Friday rotor (in place of ‘New, Notable and Dropped’), each week we’ll highlight the apps that both Apple’s ‘FREE App Of The Week’ and ‘Editors’ Choice’ (iPhone, iPad) store sections aim to highlight, providing a little background of the apps featured, and, of course – those all important direct links!
Developed by Nik Software, Inc, Snapseed specializes in providing you with a whole drawer-full of high-quality photo effects just ready to spruce up your previously-taken, dull-looking photos.
- Easily adjust your photos with a single tap using Auto Correct
- Tweak your photo to perfection with Tune Image
- Use Selective Adjust to enhance specific objects or areas in your photos
- Experiment with fun & innovative filters like Drama, Vintage, Grunge, and Tilt-Shift
- Add Image Borders for a finishing touch
- Share your creations via email, Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, and Instagram.
Supporting 6.25-megapixel images for Apple’s iPad, iPhone 3GS, and iPod Touch (Gen 3 and 4), 16-megapixel images for Apple’s iPad 2 and iPhone 4, 4S, and 20.25-megapixel images for Apple’s ‘New iPad’, Snapseed promises to be the only app that “you’ll want to use every day.”
Editors’ Choice on the iPhone this week is ECA Games’ Rock(s) Rider. Previewed by us before its store debut back in August last year, and driven by its physics-based engine, Rock(s) Rider is a motorcycle adventure which involves you, the player, having to navigate various make-shift courses made from planks and barrels, in an attempt to rise to the top of your game.
Meanwhile, Editors’ Choice on the iPad this week is that of Defiant Development’s Heroes Call. Embarking on a epic quest to answer the Heroes Call, you’ll battle your way through 30 ‘lush’ dungeons, collecting precious items, new hero gear, and skills, as you proceed.
- Over 40 quests split into different adventures that take you all around Brineside.
- Quests play out in unique order, so every Hero has a different journey.
- Over 100 different enemies including Orcs, Zombies, Skeletons and Ogres.