While Microsoft’s rumored touch-based iOS productivity suite is reportedly still on track to see its release later this Spring, in the meantime, Infraware’s full productivity suite – Polaris Office – has today took a dive to land at its new (limited time) price of just $3.99.
Originally launching at the rather premium price-point of $19.99 in April last year, (later dropping to $12.99 in October), Polaris Office is described as a mobile office solution that allows users to “view [and] edit MS Office documents on iPhone [and] iPad.” With Polaris Office users can view and edit text files, and can even view both .PDF and .HWP files. For the productivity power-users out there, Polaris Office supports convenient features, such as; the ability to directly open email attachments, access to cloud services, a file manager, (and more).
- View and edit MS Office documents
- View .pdf and .hwp files
- Interoperability with cloud storage services (Google Docs, Dropbox, Box.net)
- 15 templates / 18 2D/3D charts / 80 figures / 300+ functions
- Camera mode that allows photos to be directly applied to documents
- Direct opening of zip files
- Slideshow mode
- Rotated animation effects for slideshows
- Pointer and memo for slideshows
- Slide notes
Updated just last month with full support for the larger display now found on Apple’s iPhone 5, Polaris Office supports iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, universally, and in its latest version arrives with improved stability when saving documents.